TB 1808's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few 8" dipole designs have CLEVER baffles. Real wood can make a basic design pleasant .. instead of RED, image natural wood grain H-frame.

Attachments

• Dipole Style.jpg
    Dipole Style.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 1808+H-frame.jpg
    1808+H-frame.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 288
Hey, I like red! Just kidding. Wood looks better.

As for the 1808 being an upgrade, I like this driver and have since decided not to use a ‘super tweeter’ with it. I listen to it playing without filters with a (red) H-frame supporting the bass. Personally, I think the driver is a bit ‘hot’. Curious how you like the speakers with the downfiring woofer? I think it’s an elegant design.

I've looked at that thread and have the pieces on hand to make that work but it looks as though on paper it destroy's the top.

Godzilla, since I've put 50w to the woofers instead of 3 it's made a huge improvement. Didn't think I would ever chase bass quality but I now want to try 300w and possibly some different woofers. Using Alpha 15a's now.

Last edited:
I've applied a notch and something about it I find hard to explain. There's a delicacy to these as they approach each note, a softness if you will but the detail is very nice. Plenty of volume with the SE 45's. After a few hours, I'll introduce them to a few more watts.

Try adding info on measurement conditions like time window, microphone and speaker placement, near field measurement. Make a gated measurement of 5 and 20 ms, 1 m away. If you can perform TSP evaluation, please do, and an Impedance graph od the unit in a box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.