Best waveguide under 17.75x6.75" mouth for The Selenium D220Ti

I suggest a close look at the Dayton H812 horn. Very flat response and easy to work with.

I tested the D220ti with other horns. Click HERE for the plots.

Attachments

• D220TI_H812_STH100_SEOS12_SEOS8.gif
    D220TI_H812_STH100_SEOS12_SEOS8.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 662
..the narrow vertical opening won't allow for much alteration without harm on the H812, and there is about an inch of height beyond that of the OP's requirements.

(..it would also need a good screw-on adapter (2 bolt) for his needs.)

Great response (with low freq. extension) though. (..very good for a 15" driver combination.)

Last edited:
Great charts. Thanks Michael.

You're welcome.

If those graphs depict the drivers on those horns with no crossover or compensation, isn't the 810 a no-brainer? That is SMOOTH! I had to print those out and keep them.

Yes, there's nothing between the power amp and the CD. I don't need to insert any capacitor for protection because OmniMic has a sweep that is "without Bass".

Also, no compensation or EQ, so what is shown is the RAW response of the CD/horn combo.

Wow, that is great. Would you like me to send you one of my drivers to test in those horns?

Sure, I'll be happy to help out as long you don't mind waiting awhile. I attend to my roses this time of the year, so I only have a couple of hours for audio at night.

What CD do you have?

I suggest a close look at the Dayton H812 horn. Very flat response and easy to work with.
The flat response to 700Hz looks amazing. Any chance you have polars to share? A pair of H812s and DFM-2535s for $100* looks like one heck of a solid value.

Also, nice site with good info. Looking at the updates, you've been keeping busy. Thank you.

* Actually, it comes to $98, so below PE's free shipping. Let's be realistic, no one here's getting out the door under $150...

The 8 ohm 1-3/8"-18 TPI D220Ti.

There's no need to test. The response is the same with a proper adapter.

The flat response to 700Hz looks amazing. Any chance you have polars to share? A pair of H812s and DFM-2535s for $100* looks like one heck of a solid value.

I'm afraid I've not done any polars yet.

I tested some horns with the Peerless DFM2535. You can see them HERE.

Also, nice site with good info. Looking at the updates, you've been keeping busy. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind words. Hope you find the info useful.

Unfortunately not constant directivity at all :(

One needs to understand that not everyone prefers the sound of constant directivity for their home-use horns ( within their own unique listening environment ).

I might prefer to listen to this directivity type ( seen below ) in the vertical orientation.

632734.jpeg

Some prefer to trade directivity for a stronger bottom octave ( that is most often missing in these shallow CD style waveguides.

For instance, in my home situation I found a quick entry radial ( emilar EH500 with an Altec 288-8K ) gives me the sense of wide HF spread, all the while providing really nice lower octave loading.

There's no right or wrong here / I'd say what-ever pleases ones ears is the way forward.
- I happen to really like "zillas" blog due to his lack of simply parroting half-baked internet "truths" ( that we must all like "cd directivity uber alles" ).

FYI, ( currently I'm listening to the ubiquitous H6512 waveguide driven by a Peerless dfm-2535 ). This is a very listenable combo.

The eminence H290 is another well thought out biRadial that has a good balance between lower octave loading and directivity . It's still a small 12"x6" horn.

:)

Last edited:
It is pretty amazing that the Dayton, Eminence and JBL 6 x 12s play well with just about anything. I have them in use and also listen often to the QSC equivalent and my large and small JBL butt cheeks (2342 & 2344) - it's all good listening but I keep my ears open for anyone who discovers another inexpensive, but great, performer.

Earl, have you worked with that one? (ZXPC)

No,, not the one that I just posted a link to ( my recommendation is driven by price & ease of acquisition ).

OTOH, I bought a pair of ZXPC biRadials last year ( they're very close to the size of an Altec 811b Radial ) .
- They need a lot of work ( smoothing in the throat area ) to be considered a usable horn ( IME ).
- After the mods were done they turned into a good 811b standin.

:)