DIY vs brand speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will take a look, its likely the cabinet will need to change.

The crossover will definately need to change. This DS-215 does look like a good option from the Dayton range.

Hi Andrew, when you simulated the drivers did you get the DS-215 data ?? I read you mentioning an aluminum cone woofer and I am confused. There is one DS-215 and one DA-215. I want to be sure you did it with the DS-215. The DS-215 isn't an aluminum cone woofer. Thank for all your help.

Dayton Audio DS215-8 8" Designer Series Woofer Speaker

Dayton Audio DA215-8 8" Aluminum Cone Woofer

Last edited:
Hi Andrew, when you simulated the drivers did you get the DS-215 data ?? I read you mentioning an aluminum cone woofer and I am confused. There is one DS-215 and one DA-215. I want to be sure you did it with the DS-215. The DS-215 isn't an aluminum cone woofer. Thank for all your help.

Dayton Audio DS215-8 8" Designer Series Woofer Speaker

Dayton Audio DA215-8 8" Aluminum Cone Woofer

I am almost certain it was the DS215 data I captured (I must have got confused over which driver was the aluminium one). However I am away from home with work in Romania at the moment and all the CAD files are on my home PC. I will be back on Friday and can make sure then. Also I think I sent you the screen grabs I used to input the data so you check on those and compare with the data sheets to see which one I inputted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.