Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Active sealed MTM with RS180P
Active sealed MTM with RS180P
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2018, 08:26 PM   #21
Mrcloc is offline Mrcloc  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan2011 View Post
Discrete amplifiers would be the best option. But three of them at different power levels for each speaker... that's a lot. This is where chip amps fit best.
Chip amps do work well in this application. For discretes, you can simply change the feedback resistor to give more/less gain, or use a pot on each input. My amplifier, for example, can work from about 25V (7W) to about 52V (35W), and I'm almost 100% sure that changing the supply within these voltages, you won't even need to change the bias control. With a small change or two, it will go up to 100W. It does about the same power in 4 or 8 ohms because the VAS limits it.

Either way, I think those LM's will give you great results for little effort. Like I said, this build is an interesting one.
Old 10th February 2018, 07:57 PM   #22
bogdan2011 is online now bogdan2011
diyAudio Member

I've finished the crossover board. The chosen frequencies are 510Hz and 5.1kHz, and there's a 25Hz subsonic filter.
It's pretty much the ESP LR crossover adapted to my needs, it's tried and tested and it sounds very nice.
I will probably add the amps on this board as well, but we'll see how it goes.

Here's some nice renders

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Bottom side is (mostly) used for power and the top for audio signals, but the grounds are common.

Active sealed MTM with RS180PHide this!Advertise here!