Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Orthoacoustic simple two way Unity corner waveguide
Orthoacoustic simple two way Unity corner waveguide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2019, 02:02 PM   #11
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

The non longer accessible pictures - are they available elsewhere?

//

Last edited by TNT; 1st April 2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 1st April 2019, 11:37 PM   #12
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Tonal balance does come with simplified radiation. Congratulations on achieving this level.
Old 2nd April 2019, 08:20 AM   #13
Circlomanen is offline Circlomanen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
are they available elsewhere?
No. They are sadly all gone. I am going to make new measurements and post both pictures of the setup and spl-graphs soon (as in the coming month or two).

There is a thread on the Swedish site hififorum.se with all my ramblings and thoughts along the development process, but it is only text (in Swedish).

Quote:
Congratulations on achieving this level
I only used Tom Danleys Unity and Stig Carlssons OA ideas and combined them into something slightly new.

Cheers,
Johannes
Old 2nd April 2019, 08:42 AM   #14
Circlomanen is offline Circlomanen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

OA-hörnmedutan.jpg

This is without EQ (red trace) and with EQ (yellow trace) measured with my Umik from across the room approximately 4 meters from the speaker.

I EQ mainly by ear, and check afterwards with REW and Umic, and this is where I usually end up. If I EQ to a flat level all the way up to 20 kHz the speaker sounds extremely bright and bass-shy, similar to other constant directivity horns or waveguides. A normal direct radiating speaker will reduce the radiation angle as the frequency increases. This speaker has a uniform dispersal pattern throughout its whole bandwidth, which tends to sound overly bright in a normal listening space.

The large waveguide increases the efficiency in the midrange from 180 Hz to 3,1 kHz, and this needs to be compensated with (DSP) EQ. I use my MiniDSP 2X4HD for crossover and EQ in this project.

Orthoacoustic simple two way Unity corner waveguideHide this!Advertise here!