MTM - TMM Shoot Out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
I haven’t heard that one, but i was not overly thrilled with the 4” version.

dave

-3" measures really well though. :)

-down-side is that you are probably looking at a 7" Satori natural paper color to keep the "theme" going (for the .5 woofer). ..and that's not cheap!

Attachments

• TangBand_W3-1878_(Photo_3).png
    TangBand_W3-1878_(Photo_3).png
    587.9 KB · Views: 355
  • mw16pnw-8-3.jpg
    mw16pnw-8-3.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 346
TMM is better obviously ;)

The 0.5 woofer can act as baffle step compensation simplifying filter design
Adding BSC to an MTM or TM 2-way design isn't more complicated. If you just oversize the main lowpass filter inductor it's probably even simpler than a TMM.

Sensitivity is identical for both MTM and TMM. TMM has a better polar response. MTM has lower distortion in the upper midrange since both drivers are working together at a level that is -6dB compared to the driver in a TMM that handles all of the upper mid by itself.

Last edited:
Why not do an MTM but roll off the top woofer as one would with the TMM? So you get some midrange directivity (which sounds good) from the two woofers. But then the top rolls off and this allows a more normal crossover point?

Am I missing something, this seems like the best of both?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.