Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

B&O 5702 Upgrade Project
B&O 5702 Upgrade Project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2017, 08:03 PM   #11
snoopy33 is offline snoopy33  Ajman
diyAudio Member

I doubt I've a problem with demagnetization, both have had little use and sound sonically equal. I've sonic sweeped them down to 30Hz and both sound equal... I'm sure it's the cabinet which isn't quite there.
Old 10th November 2017, 08:33 PM   #12
Fernando R is offline Fernando R  United States
diyAudio Member

Since you said your best results were with a hole but no port, you seem headed into aperiodic territory. That is basically a lined but not stuffed box but with a lightly stuffed port. The Scan Speak vent is two round plastic grids about 4" in diameter that fit together and squeeze a piece of fiberglass between the two. I actually like the sound of that quite a bit.

B&O 5702 Upgrade ProjectHide this!Advertise here!