4 Speakers without a/b selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi team I got a question here. I have 4 speakers and want to connect them to my 1000watt amp but have no a/b speaker switch I know I can connect in parallel, but will this effect the xover frequency in the speaker cabs running then at a 4ohm load instead of the 8ohm? Being 1000w@8ohms a side means there no speaker switches on the market that can handlel this raw power. Any help will b nice I just don't want to fry the tweeters too much lol
I have a few spare amps lying around can I salvage the a/b circuitry and adapt into my amp?

Hello,

Is that a car amplifier? Many of them have stats that claim they can handle down to a 2 ohm load. Look at what the manufacturer claims the amp can handle.

What impedance are the speakers?
8 ohms ones would probably work, 2 ohm ones in parallel likely could harm the amp.

Not enough info to even do more than guess at this point.

Hi team I got a question here. I have 4 speakers and want to connect them to my 1000watt amp but have no a/b speaker switch I know I can connect in parallel, but will this effect the xover frequency in the speaker cabs running then at a 4ohm load instead of the 8ohm? Being 1000w@8ohms a side means there no speaker switches on the market that can handlel this raw power. Any help will b nice I just don't want to fry the tweeters too much lol
I have a few spare amps lying around can I salvage the a/b circuitry and adapt into my amp?

What amp (brand and model), what speakers (brand and model, please post links) are we talking about?

As of "transplanting an a/b circuitry from another amplifier" ... think again.
a) It´s just a couple of switches, it won´t do anything you can´t do with wire and solder.
b) are those spare amplifiers 1000W too? :rolleyes:
As of (internal) crossover frequency, what does it have to do with how you (outside) connect the whole cabinet?

Looking at other posts by the OP the TECHNICS SU - V10 is mentioned , if this is the amp in question then rated power is 120 w per channel into 8 ohm @ 0.003% THD for the standard model and 150 w per channel into 6 ohm @ 0.005% THD for the X version .
If this IS the amp in question then a 150 watt switch can be sourced easily ( or built ) .

Yea I have the v10.. And it still faulty :( the amp I'm want to use in the short rearm is a ZPE 1000 (old mclaren)
speakers are 8ohm maranz 100watts. I'm not after full boar on the amp as my room a bit small so I'll have the volume around 30%
My question is if I have a pair if speakers in paraell it drops the impendence to 4 ohms so that will change the xover points in the cabinets making my tweeters see freqencys of 1000hz and that will fry them to doom how do I prevent this

Here a pic of the amp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.