driver suggestions for 5" woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The original Nola speakers use a 5". The 6" Seas does sound nice. I just can't afford two more of those Seas. I. I do have two Aurum Cantus, AC130F1 from my Continuum speakers. I could use those in addition to the Seas drivers. I wonder how that would work...

Whenever you are using more than one speaker in the same range, you have to address potential comb filter distortion. This means that C(enter)T(o)C(enter) at the high cross of the two cannot exceed the size of the wavelength of the cross frequency. Otherwise, you won't like the dropouts. This exists where side by side or vertical placement.

I am building a system with 10 -2 inch Dayton Mid ranges in a 4 ways system. My cross is at 4000hz probably to a set of horns(the ctc measurement is different for horn throats than domes). The wavelength at 4000hz is 3.39 inches and my CTC distance between the speakers will remain below that.

If you already knew this, please ignore me.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Do you think that tweet cd really cross at 3khz? I'm guessing it wd be better a little higher and with a steeper x/o It's still a bargain tho
At the quality level which $9 retail suggests on that PRD100 planar tweeter, I would expect to buy 10 and then measure FR and try to match them up in tolerable pairs. I've been hoping someone else would take this on...?

Attachments

• prd100.jpg
    prd100.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.