New Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Judging on overall build quality and performance I have to agree with wolf-teeth. I got the kevlar ones when they were on sale and will be getting some of the coated paper ones that are on sale now. The price seems low for drivers like this. I'm thinking its to get them known.
I see rival makes caps too. Have you tried them?

I agree with Charlie Laub... Don't think the Peerless DX25B would be appropriate for low crossover applications. Visiting the Peerless spec sheet I see it does infer high power handling, but do not see anything about low crossover use. One big give away on the spec sheet, in addition to the tiny .1 MM peak Xmax is the test frequency range starts at 2,500 Hz.

There are a few Tymphany - Peerless designs, and expensive to boot that can play down to 1.5K. Take a look at the spec sheet for P/N BC25TG15-04.

You see a tweeter with a .6 MM peak Xmax and it's power handling (test) frequency range that starts at 1,100 Hz! Huge difference. I have used this tweeter and for under $15.00 each it is remarkable. I do suspect the DX25B is better, maybe much better from 2,500 Hz up.

There are a couple advantages with the DX 25B, slightly more SD, handle a bit more power above 2,500 Hz and a db or so more true efficiency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.