analyzing my Linux/ecasound dsp crossover speaker system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't understand the frequency response curves I'm getting; I see some periodic dips at what may be harmonic frequencies. Please see plot attached. Am not sure I'm going about my speaker system analysis the best way, and may have something configured incorrectly, like how the signals are clocked/synced in the Tango. Maybe I should be using REW right on my Linux box instead of TrueRTA on separate laptop. I'm using AVLinux on a modern PC, dsp 3 channel crossover system in Ecasound (a la Richard Taylor), RME HDSP PCI sound card, Tango 24 optical interface. I run TrueRTA on a separate laptop computer, connected to a Behringer usb interface. I connect the usb interface to Tango 24 inputs, send the test impulse signal, it gets processed on the Linux box thru my Ecasound 3-way crossover, back out thru the RME/Tango to amplifiers & speakers, into the usb interface thru a calibrated microphone, back to TrueRTA. I get no xruns with 64 sample buffer. My system actually sounds pretty good, with movies and with my digital piano. But to properly analyze and improve it, I've got to understand this weird frequency response I'm seeing. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 181
My 2 cents: learn to use ARTA. Perform a gated impulse measurement and then extract the frequency response. Like this:
http://audio.claub.net/tutorials/FR measurement using ARTA.pdf

That's a better approach than your RTA...

Yes, I actually have been reading the ARTA manual, was wondering if this suggestion would come up. What a great manual it is... I think I will go this route. Maybe I wasted my money on TrueRTA, but that's life sometimes.

Also I will try again the loopback test mentioned by another response. But this time with ARTA... I am just a real newbie to all this, and I don't have that much time to devote to it each week. Thanks for the advice!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.