Boenicke W5 clone

But does it have the special electromechanical parallel resonator? ;)
They could have placed that outside the box, then you could see what you are paying for.

Like this Wilson Speaker, you get a $$$$$ WOW Orange paint job.- post # 102
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/munich-high-end-2022.386473/page-6#post-7031839

1653577710775.png

When I saw these I thought, " When did Home Depot start selling speakers?" (They even have wheels.)

1653577824965.png

Last edited:
well still no luck in finding a cnc place, but someone on another forum has offered to help.

i may end up hand routing it, but that will be if and when my neighbors will ok for me to use the backyard for a day or two

as and active speaker you could possibly do it in the orignal dimensions but yeah will be easier if you made it taller at least
Probably use something like a HYPEX to power

I built a pair of Boenicke W5 clones out of walnut. I downloaded the fusion 360 file from this thread, then made my 2D drawings in Autocad to actually import into Vectric Aspire to do the toolpaths. I used the Tang Band woofer with the crossover mentioned on the first page. I machined the back aluminum binding post/tweeter plates on my CNC as well.

View attachment 1043640 View attachment 1043641 View attachment 1043642 View attachment 1043636 View attachment 1043635 View attachment 1043637 View attachment 1043638 View attachment 1043639

Hello,

Can you please share the 2D file for this?

Thanks

Kagesaru, i think peeps have asked files from various persons in this thread, while i dont have a 2d file i have uploaded .step files to my printables page @ https://www.printables.com/model/628716-bneck-speaker/files V2 is the one with changes suggested by the person who is cnc'ing mine for me. hope fully might be of help to you. i am no expert and its all done by guess work on my part based purely from the pictures in this thread

here is a test cut he did

IUxkcx2m.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
oak off cuts from a kitchen worktop, tho credit should go to the person that helped me and used his cnc. sanding and finishing was the easy part, i wanted to use recessed screws but chickened out of recessing the mounting holes on the driver and woofers
1Lgew0jm.jpg

Sno5tOvm.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I feel you need to rolloff the woofer more to reduce the peak in the passband. Not rolling it off can't be optimal. It also needs to be rolled off by 200Hz so the localization does not come into play for the side mounted woofer position. No worries, the RS100 should be fine this low.
The tweeter is a 13mm, and the 4.7uF is likely too large to make it happy. I think the 1.5mH is also too large, but being a 2.2ohm dcr it's contribution is more of a contour. Even so, it's a bit of a boat anchor on a 13mm tweeter.
My 2c,