DIY PMC MB2 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The caps came in today

RzKI5s1.jpg

Kii Audio and Grimm Audio use them, same for KS Digital and Neumann (KH80). The problem is not FIR in general, as it can be made zero latency. Usually phase linear filtering requires long buffer times, therefore latency can jump up to triple digits.

From what I've heard, most of the time there's a way to implement both linear phase and minimum phase to retain similar filter curves, but trade phase coherency with latency when needed.

You don't need IIR to do zero latency. FIR architectures can be made in zero-latency, in which case they'll introduce phase shift.

Lake Contour 26D seems like a pretty feature rich option. Have you got any experience with it? I'm afraid it might be overkill for integrating a 3-way speaker.

Have you considered using a good multichannel AD/DA interface hooked to a MacMini? Set up all the routing via say Reaper and do filtering with regular plug-ins. I use an RME ADI-2 PRO hooked to a computer which does all the processing.

P.S. Steep linear phase filters will require a ton of taps and thus will introduce a ton of delay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.