DIY PMC MB2 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That graph looks very home hi-fi and not very studio.

Why so much bass? Did you not want a smoother overall response? Was the measurement gated?

Looks like pretty large variation in FR for critical listening, my personal ref. Monitors are +/- 1db, that said I can't remember listening position graphs of the top of my head

Hi Nannoo,

Well I know that the room has a dip at the listening position at 100hz. Also moving the mic around the sweetspot yields quite some different graphs due to the room. The desk also introduces some ripples at the end.
I'm sure the speaker can be made flat in an anechoic room but +/-1dB? it's an illusion to get +/-1dB at the listening position. I like to mix nearfield with a sloped FR of 6-8dB, it's less fatiguing and the mixes translate better. There is also a 'flat' curve which can be summoned for reference. When I have some time I will try and improve the FR.
Still the sound is subjectively very homogeneous compared to all other monitors we tried. You can now sit next to the person mixing and still get a fairly good image and timbre.

Thanks Lojzek!

That graph looks very home hi-fi and not very studio.

Why so much bass? Did you not want a smoother overall response? Was the measurement gated?

Looks like pretty large variation in FR for critical listening, my personal ref. Monitors are +/- 1db, that said I can't remember listening position graphs of the top of my head

I'll overlook the problems below 1k.

But Walter, you must flatten out the FR between 1k to 4k as you are barely within +/-4dB...

Walter,

Is it possible for you to change the vertical scaling on your REW graph? Right now it looks like the scale range is from 0 to 100 dB. Can you cut it down to 45-90 dB perhaps? 5dB scale increments on the vertical range is fine. How much smoothing have you applied?

Can you measure each speaker individually from 300 Hz to 10khz? Then show an overlay graph of both speakers at the same time.

Can you measure both speakers at the same time from 20 Hz to 300 Hz without smoothing?

What is your ETC from 0-40msec for each speaker?

What is your T20 and T30 times for each speaker over the range of 300Hz to 4 khz?

What does your waterfall look like from 20-300Hz?

Thanks, just trying to help. Very nice looking btw.

Best,
Anand.

Hello to all I'm new here. Very impressive work!
Extremely knowledgable and helpful group.

I command you all. ������������������������

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.