What make and model are the original drivers in Wilson Watt&Puppy 7 (WATT)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know the model? I looked online and found a lot of conflicting information.

The mid driver is custom made for Wilson Audio. -> SoundStage! Network Ultra Audio -- Archived Article
That means, you can't buy them exactly as they were, except Wilson Audio (or Scan-Speak) got still some NOS. I am not sure now which model it's exactly based on so I don't want to start wild guesses.

Well, he asked for the mid driver. Besides that, you can't exactly switch around drivers and seemingly 'better' drivers require the crossover to be modified or even completely re-designed. Keep in mind, the crossover changes a lot more in the sound of the speaker than the drivers itself. And your linked woofers need all different enclosure volumes and tuning.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.