Synergy Eggstravaganza

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
KIgWjRI.png

z5F5Trc.png

e0R6av6.jpg

urQRX3v.jpg

I decided to give this project a try again, but I wanted to see how big I could go. So I'm going to see if it will work with an 8" woofer and a 3/4" tweeter. It is possible that the 8" won't be able to play high enough, while firing through a phase plug. Then again, maybe it'll work. I figured it's worth gambling $25 worth of ABS to find out.

Woofer is a B&C 8NDL51, tweeter is a Tymphany NE19VTS

Looks great but how are you going to keep the wires to the HF from rattling/buzzing against the LF cone? I suppose you could hot glue them....

Yeah I hadn't considered that lol

In particular, the leads on the Tymphany NE19 are flimsy and they go straight BACK, right towards the cone of the woofer. And I can't solder them because they're too fragile. Also, I failed to include any route for the wires to exit.

I have a tiny BMS compression driver here, that may be a better option.

ne19vts-04-1.png

Here's the NE19 VTS, note the leads go straight back

BMS_4526HE_(Photo).jpg

Here's the BMS 4526HE. The set up of the leads is just about perfect.

by looking at the wave guide seem hollow, would it creating any trouble?
Lately I printed 30% infill.

Yes, definitely a problem. I apply liquid nails for subfloors to the inner surfaces of all my 3D prints.

If you don't, the drivers will radiate some sound right THROUGH the walls.

It's mostly a problem with midranges and midbass, not so much with tweeters.

Liquid Nails for subfloors makes the enclosure airtight. I use 10-15% infill.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Patrick, have you finished the 8" version? I have a pair of 8PE21s that could work in these when used with a sub. I got inspired by this and DSL speakers and I have an idea to expand this a bit more into a larger synergy horn - like SM60 or into a monitor like speaker like Studio 1. I think it would look terrific with a supershape ATH generated horn. By the way, I print all prototypes in PLA as it is very easy. I need to learn PETG once I get over the prototype stage.

And I wonder if this could be taken into extreme with the large ESS AMT as the front tweeter or with a modified Beyma 12XA30 coaxial, as these two are the best speakers I have heard until now.

Hm, I need to update my (already long) list of potential projects:)

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Could you please show vertical and horizontal cross section of the model? I think I have an idea how it looks inside from the pictures you posted, but I would like to have it confirmed if possible. Thanks!

Edit: I can actually see the cross section from the unfinished print:) The channel between the HF part and the shell is constant width?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.