New Scan-Speak 28W/4878 Revelator Woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Pure subwoofer, huge excursion, the +/-14mm linear isn't exaggerated by any marketing-calculation-tricks. Not a huge Mms for a sub that goes that low with a that HUGE voice coil diameter (75mm!!!), 60l for 25 Hz sounds very reasonable. Low spl but that was to be expected.

Very interesting is, besides the BR enclosure, it's excellent for a sealed enclosure! In only 28l it goes down (-3) to 43Hz, -8dB at 28Hz! :eek: That makes it an excellent choice for fans of closed subs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScanSpeak 28W-4878T00_CB28l.jpg
    ScanSpeak 28W-4878T00_CB28l.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,096
ICG, thanks for taking up the flag!

I have to say, that is a most awesome combination. Essentially, this sub could be flat to sub-sonic levels in the right room, with a 1 ft3 enclosure. An apartment dweller's dream. :)

The bad news is it will probably be a $300-$400 driver. :( :( :(

Best,

E

ICG

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
ICG, thanks for taking up the flag!

:)

I have to say, that is a most awesome combination. Essentially, this sub could be flat to sub-sonic levels in the right room, with a 1 ft3 enclosure. An apartment dweller's dream. :)

Especally because with a that high Xmax it's still able to deliver quite high SPLs. The impedance of 4 Ohm is also excellent to get higher power output from amplifiers.

The bad news is it will probably be a $300-$400 driver. :( :( :(

Yes, I regret that very much too. :(

I've just bought the 28W 4878t00 and Wilmslow Audio are building the subwoofer for me. They did calculations and the driver goes as low as 31Hz for -6db in a 45 litre e sealed enclosure.

I get the sub in 3-4 weeks and will post a review if anyone is interested.

Though this probably will be too late for my own descision making, I would be very interested in your review.

3-4 weeks is quite a long time. Seems as if this driver is sold out everywhere at the moment?

BR
Matthias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.