Boombox for fun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New project on the go:

2x Hivi M3N per channel
Dayton DC200
12V 12Ah SLA
2.1 Tpa3116 board
Voltmeter
12V outlet
USB ports
Bluetooth

Probably could have got something more functional easily but just wanted to build something☺️

Progress pic attached:
cd9c3c93559102265eeaae3ea0af984a.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I want to note that you may need to reduce the port length as a compromise as at the back of the port there's not alot of room. It might cause chuffing.
Thanks. There is about 3/4" spacing the rear, picture makes it look flatter. But good idea i intend to tune the port length by ear and then glue in place, that one is a two piece style.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Ah, fair enough. It looks like a 2 inch port, isn't it? Looks pretty damn slick otherwise. I'm following up on this so I can learn somethiong of how others do it.

I myself just finished getting my Trust Tytan sub experiment sanded and all. It's freehand port design but the negative taper really did it for me :')

Amplifier came in last night and got it going for a test run. Once I got the subwoofer tuned to a reasonable level it actually didn't sound too bad :) Still need to secure things properly and paint and finish.

The M3Ns sound pretty good but there sounds like there are a couple of peaks in the upper mids/lower treble. I'll wait til I get it secured and then broken in before I draw any conclusions, but I may mic it and see if I can install a notch filter to help tame if necessary. Bass is bouncy without being too sloppy.

Overall impression is quite positive though, especially for standard summer deck and party type music.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.