3D printing 1/2 of a waveguide

Hi Bill, what type of hadwares used to attach the speakers to the wave guide? couldn't see from the pictures. Do I need to use the rubber gaskets? Sorry if I missed somewhere in the post . Thanks .

Hi 1hiep0,

Sorry for the late reply. I unfortunately forgot to make a note of the screws I used. Not easy to open up the cabinets to figure it out at this poiint. I'm pretty sure they were #6 sheet metal/self tapping type, but not sure of the length. Maybe 3/8" or 1/2"? Maybe stop by a hardware store and get a few of each (maybe some #8 too, incase I'm not remembering right) and see what works (start with smallest, shortest first.

The 6FE100 drivers have front gaskets attached, so use those. The midranges have a relatively soft ring at the front that should be enough for a gasket there. HF driver should use the gasket.

Last night I was thinking about 3d printing and waveguides and had a brainwave about using them and the new adaptive infill mask features to create rudimentary meta-materials to control resonance. after searching it, I see you had a similar Bill. Did you ever end up going anywhere with it?

Sorry for dredging this thread up, but I will be adding to it in the coming weeks. if I can get all the drivers. otherwise I may have to modify the mounting arrangements for the mids to suit more drivers.

Reactions: 1 users