It's 2017! Time for a afford. tweeter roundup..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been listening to DMS30s (94mm radius so quite good for close ctc distance) for quite some time now. Did a little research while ago. It seems that DMS from Morel is Dynaudio D280 (imo, tweeters are the best that Dynaudio has to offer).

Paired with Seas midwoofer in mine take on Proac reference tablette 8, and using it for nearfield listening. It is insanelly good - not for that amount of money but in absolute terms.

I think North Korea might be their next best business partner, or best fuckin friend...:D

History of Dynaudio

Last edited:
Sb26stac, sb26stcn, sb19, rs28a or f Used them all in recent builds. The 26stac is a beast, in a good way, and can take a lot of abuse. I have mine crossed 3rd order electrical, series cross, at 1.8k. Accidentally sent the system way more juice than they were intended for (Crown 2k) tweeter actually moved to xmax! Checked and they were still good

Favorite tweeter of a great value:https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...peerless-da25bg08-06-1-aluminum-dome-tweeter/

2nd order series cross at 2k. Beautiful! Engaging, crisp, and detailed with no perceptible fatigue after many hours of use.

Oh snaps 4
Saw that tweeter a few months ago and thought it was the greatest tweeter I've seen in awhile

Why can't every driver have a grill? At least every tweeter :confused:

Shaped "diffuser", nice, but looks like sticker

50% of building a speaker is just designing the grill

Unless you just want your speaker to be naked :eek:
But that's just dirty! :D

Last edited:
Maybe... if you have the tools to do quality control of your own.

A few years ago Monacor sold TB ceramic tweeters under their own brand. They cancelled quickly due to quality reasons.

The only TB quality control issue Ive read about in all the yrs looking at these forums is with a metal dome tweet. The full range TB units I have are also avail Monacor branded in a black cone. They are well built and sound great!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.