Anybody using PVC T-Lines???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PVC works well. Every time you mention it around here, however, people start leaning towards paper tubes. Go figure. The only drawback I'm aware of is cost compared to paper, but it's more rigid. In my view, rigidity wins over cost.
It's simple enough to taper the cross section, incidentally, just stick a triangular wooden wedge in the tube. 2x4", 2x6" whatever size you need to fit your tube. A table saw helps, but you can cut it with a circular saw or jig saw if you need to.
Go for it.

Grey

I once 'accidentally' made a pvc louspeaker : what i was actually making was a computer controlled vortex (smoke ring) launcher, this involves a tube with a loudspeaker at one end and hole at the other - ASCII Art:
---------------------------
\ | o 0
( -----> Smoke rings come from here /________________| o 0

well, i got a really cheap 4" loudspeaker from monacor and ... a right angled PVC toilet pan coupler. All was going swimmingly then i happened to try playing music through it and discovered that it sounded extroadinarily good considering it's components if the 'port' were restricted appropriately, i'll try and dig out a photo it is a very amusing looking device. Alex Rice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.