pros and cons with removable baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sooner or later this should turn out to be my circular baffle. Sometimes I only get an hour or two a week to actually work. But I have two .75 bonded together ready to flush cut for this sdx12 http://www.creativesound.ca/pdf/SDX12.pdf

Attachments

• 20170302_214511.jpg
    20170302_214511.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 95
I was doing shallow 1/8 passes when the router spun the carbide, its jammed in that collar really well. anyone have a vice?

Paying more attention keeping depth lock engaged and forgot to check bit. That makes two master**** routers Ive broken there first time out :eek:

Attachments

• feb6.jpg
    feb6.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 78
  • feb66.jpg
    feb66.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 70
Time to cut some braces, old school. Material of choice here is a ply that gets embedded with multiple strips of hardwood. The core is made up of three layers thats sandwiched between two pieces of standard ply then a veneer.

I want to feel every joule of energy I can. If this plan isn't strong enough the outer side will also be clamped with .25" threaded bar between braced areas.

Attachments

• feb111.jpg
    feb111.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 51
  • feb11.jpg
    feb11.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.