Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Improve Cerwin Vega E715
Improve Cerwin Vega E715
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2019, 12:29 AM   #31
Moondog55 is offline Moondog55  Australia
diyAudio Member

Did you Bi-Amp or use passive?
Old 16th March 2019, 08:07 AM   #32
Guerilla is offline Guerilla  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matyam View Post
Well finally got round to fitting the audax mid range drivers in a 14" baffled tube and some extra padding to internal surfaces,absolutely brill clarity is great making music alive but with the bass , ?
What about the bass? Dont get the meaning of that last sentense. I am sure you can get these speakers sound absolutely brilliant in the end using the existing woofers. No need to buy others.

When you have gotten the mids and highs mated well with woofer(search linkwitz on aliexpress for active xover. Some of them comes with fixed xoverpoint but you can tell them where you want it exactly) then you can see(or hear) if you need to tune the cabs better to make bass-quality as good as mid/high or if it already is.

No you dont get superhighend quality cabinets for the price of a cervin vega, but nothing stops you from turning those cabinets into superhighendquality☺
Old 16th March 2019, 09:23 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

DKK 243.68 50%OFF | 3 Way Crossover PCBA of HIFI Class A Power Linkwitz-Riley filter 6-Channel Crossover-point 310HZ/3.1KHz free shipping
3 Way Crossover PCBA of HIFI Class A Power Linkwitz Riley filter 6 Channel Crossover point 310HZ/3.1KHz free shipping-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

This is an analogue active filter. If you choose a digital dsp xover you will be able to eq and make timeadjustments and so on with probably superior result.

Many powerfull pa-amplifiers has build in 2 way digital xover. Like the new lowcost behringer dsp amps. They sound great driving woofers. Has build in 2 way xcrossover, so you will only need another 2 way to cross between mid and tweet. Bass will probably benefit tremendously by being driven actively crossed
Old 16th March 2019, 01:26 PM   #34
Matyam is offline Matyam  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog55 View Post
Did you Bi-Amp or use passive?
At the moment I'm in a quandry of which way to go,I started to dismantle passive crossover but have tried with existing and as said big difference when tweeters come I will test with rew .As I will be going to Dirac live soon for room correction not quite sure easiest way to go as my smaller UK room needs taming with these speakers,rear ports are bunged meaning 40hz cut off .I will be off to Ikea for some worktop when happy with drivers to make front baffle what about side ports opposing each other would this work ?
Active analogue crossover looks very interesting but with my probable nad 777 upgrade for Dirac live room correction what would you suggest to integrate these speakers without its passive crossover for stereo and for hometheatre can it be done cheers ?
Old 16th March 2019, 02:42 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Stereo 3/4way Xover

These are minidsp s bids on what you want. I think there are more xovers with build in correction. Just take frontchannel outs and put them in the xover/dsp. That Nad is probably great but wont give you the benefits of active xover. Might balance out problems with levels in your passive xover. That would be a new way of upgrading if it works.
Old 16th March 2019, 06:56 PM   #36
Moondog55 is offline Moondog55  Australia
diyAudio Member

While I do own a small DSP unit I haven't used it yet. I was using a cheap Behringer XO. Either the CX 2310 or the CX3400 depending on which system I was pushing
BEHRINGER Behringer Super X Pro CX2310 V2 Crossover vinyl at Juno Records.

Behringer CX3400 Super X Pro V2 &ndash; Thomann UK

I know nothing about port position but at bass frequencies I can't see it making much difference if not hard up against a wall

Improve Cerwin Vega E715Hide this!Advertise here!