Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Corrosion SEAS Magnesium Drivers
Corrosion SEAS Magnesium Drivers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2019, 01:07 PM   #141
8ntractor is offline 8ntractor  Canada
diyAudio Member

Great thank you. I spent another bunch of time looking for the tweeter frd. I have been on the fence but I will order the nextels. It looks like I do not need any additional components. not sure how to add the delay. thank you again I really appreciate your help.
Old 9th October 2019, 01:45 PM   #142
diyAudio Member

I ran the sim and you are right on better line with less components.
Old 9th October 2019, 02:29 PM   #143
diyAudio Member

Ok I have decided to try the Nextel drivers and make the reductions.changes the crossover. I have to give a thumbs up to Chris at Solen.ca. When I noticed the problem I contacted him along with Seas and Chris has be exceptional to work with. He contacted Seas several times with my complaints. He came up with an alternative nextel driver at a great price and even helped with alternative cabinet designs. In my opinion he has gone above and beyond. He has been quick to respond and supportive with all my whining. Thanks Chris
Old 9th October 2019, 09:01 PM   #144
6thplanet is offline 6thplanet  United States
diyAudio Member

I have 4 of the W17EX002 would anyone be interested in these?
Old 9th October 2019, 10:10 PM   #145
diyAudio Member

sorry I have to stay away from the Magnesium cones. I live too close to the ocean. I already ordered the Nextel drivers. Less crossover cannot be too bad. and it is I will build something else.
Old 10th October 2019, 04:19 PM   #146
diyAudio Member

Lojzek

thank you for your help. I have a couple of questions. In the cross over the tweeter and woofer are powered separately will the removal of R2, R3 and C4 put the tweeter at risk of damage? Will moving the woofers out so there is .5" distance between the tweeter and woofer voice coil hurt anything and give the desired delay? - closer to time aligned. thank you Ben
Old 10th October 2019, 04:38 PM   #147
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Removing the designated parts will not put the tweeter under more strain, it will only make it louder because both of the new woofers are louder than the old ones. Adding the delay was meant only for the XSim to try simulating it a little better. The phase compensation/delay (asymmetrical filters) is already within the crossover. There is no need to change how woofers are built into the baffle.
You are welcome!
Old 10th October 2019, 10:23 PM   #148
diyAudio Member

Thank you

Corrosion SEAS Magnesium DriversHide this!Advertise here!