Isophon P 203S Alnico speakers: please help me!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I may have one of these, i certainly have run across a number of them. They were all used more or less open baffle in German consoles.

All of these passed thru before i was measuring T/S but here is an impedance plot.

dave

Isophon had some drivers with corrugated paper surrounds and high FS values designed for open baffles in German consoles. The PSL series was high compliance with soft surrounds and low Fs designed for closed air suspension boxes.
For the PSL series crossovers were simply a 1.5 mH inductor in series with the woofer, a 15uf polarized electrolytic in series with the mid, and a 1.5 uf in series with the tweeter. My speaker circa 1972 was an Isophon PSL245 10" woofer, an Isophon BPSX130 5" Mid and the infamous Philips AD0160 plastic dome tweeter with the crossover described above. The only difference was I had obtained better caps from my electrical engineering lab in college.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.