Polar measurements with automatic turntable

Hello,

I am starting to use my Arta rotary table and I find it "jitters" excessively when "settling" into each incremental stopping position.

Wondering if you got this figured out?

Also echoing Victorbaezaevias question as I cannot seem to find a North American source.

Hello David, may i know how did you get the slewing ring and the pinion shipped in your contry ? Im from Mexico, and i can not find anywhere to get them here.

Did you find anything Victorbaezaevia?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hello David, may i know how did you get the slewing ring and the pinion shipped in your contry ? Im from Mexico, and i can not find anywhere to get them here.

Regards!

Quotes here in Canada for the same or very similar item were about $400.00 CDN ($320.00 USD).

Ordering it from Germany was $170.00 CDN ($135.00 USD)

Here is the receipt, should have all the info on it you are looking for.

slewing ring.jpg

David.

My controller and motors were delivered yesterday. A quick hookup on the desk taught me that the controller and motor were working properly. Yay!

I plan to use two motors, a 2828 (Pololu 150:1 motor with encoder) and a 2829 (the same motor but without encoder) and connect them in series. The A4970 H-bridge driver is not that strong, and even at 6 Volts, the motor can still produce enough torque to exceed the peak rating of the gearbox. So two motors in series will give me a much more robust drive. Series connected DC motors are inherently load sharing, so mounting them at 180 degrees across the slewing ring should work well.

I found that the Pololu 4697 (the 24V version of the 150:1 motor with encoder) actually comes close to the original Phidgets motor when run at 12V, so if you use one motor, that might be the better choice, also due to the much lower current draw (the A4970 driver is rated for 750 mA continuous/1A peak).