A Mistake To Invert Woofer Surrounds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a picture of the speakers for sale. jensen5.jpg

Not worth worrying about- you're not talking about enough of a performance difference to matter in all but the most tweaky, very high-end drivers, particularly on woofers, so long as they're centered well, not rubbing, etc. On a vintage system like this, there are plenty of other things that have happened over time that change the driver's performance more than whether a low loss surround (foam surround) is mounted "normal" or inverted.

Well, it looks to me like the surround is definitely an "innie" - but there must be hundreds of models of drivers using that same configuration, so as long as both are the same, and neither are leaking or rubbing against anything on the rear side of basket frame or enclosure, I very much doubt there'd be a discernible problem.

He is only asking 50$ so I thought ehhh maybe.... but I better ask first. Thanks

Surrounds appear to be skilfully attached to the cone, and I presume
only a repair job with parts would have cost you 50 bucks alone, so I
would't worry at all about these being inverted. I've rebuilt foam surrounds
of my vintage woofers with an alternative variants that don't match
the manufacturer's specs and they work better like this, which is not
what one would expect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.