Sanity check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The ApexJr Super 8 has BL measured as 2.287 lb/A.

APEXJR8INWOOFER1TN.jpg

To use Martin's model i need BL in N/A

with 1 lb-ft = 1.356 Nm and 1m = 3.281 ft i'm figuring

1 ft/A = 4.45 N/A

ie this driver has a BL of 10.175 N/A ??

dave

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Here are your Thiele-Small parameters via BoxModel.

Bl is 9.18 Tm which I believe is the same as NA.

The numbers in the dark blue I wrote in, (I estimated 200 sq cm for the Sd), and the numbers in the light green underneath BoxModel calculates.

Neat, huh?

Attachments

• apexjr super8.gif
    apexjr super8.gif
    32.7 KB · Views: 302
planet10 said:
The ApexJr Super 8 has BL measured as 2.287 lb/A.

To use Martin's model i need BL in N/A

with 1 lb-ft = 1.356 Nm and 1m = 3.281 ft i'm figuring

1 ft/A = 4.45 N/A

ie this driver has a BL of 10.175 N/A ??

dave

Should be just a case of converting pounds to newtons,

(1kg = 2.2 lbs = 9.8 newtons)

2.287 lb/A = 1.04 kg/A = 10.2 N/A.

:) sreten.

Hey Dave, what are you up to with this woofer ?

I meant to build something with this baby a few months ago. Time and money had me put the project to rest for a while. If I get the promotion I applied for, I guess it'll will have to wait 'til I move to my new workplace. Hopefully, I'll then have a real workshop where I can work on my speaker projects.

Dave,

MathCad will take any off-the-wall set of units that you can dream up. You do not have to be consistent with any units, length can be entered in mm and miles in the same worksheet. If you enter BL in lb/A it will immediately be converted into a consistent set of mks units. No challenge is too great for MathCad!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
MJK said:
MathCad will take any off-the-wall set of units that you can dream up. You do not have to be consistent with any units, length can be entered in mm and miles in the same worksheet. If you enter BL in lb/A it will immediately be converted into a consistent set of mks units. No challenge is too great for MathCad!

Good reminder... at this point i've just plugged it into my spreadsheet version of your tables... the 10:1 taper line is too small for our purpose (and may not even have room to mount the drivers :^)

I also need to extrapolate the existing tables to accomodate higher Qs & Fs (1/2 the drivers i've worked with since implementing the tables don't fit into the range).

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.