Diffract.exe is no more, try the edge!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sobazz said:
:up: :up: :up:

Great software. Thank you.

The source density puzzles me. According to your website increasing the density will result in a more precise simulation. The simulation fits my acoustics measurements lesser for each increase in the density....

OK. This is one of the reasons for me to post the program. I want to check if it does the right thing. I would be very interested in seeing the response curves and the comparison with the simulation.

Have you entered the right diameter for the speaker? What is the mic distance and position?

Svante, I probably did something wrong. Just entered the data again and the simulation looks very reasonable. I haven't done enough acoustic measurements to completely trust them.

But I think it is time for me to get hold on some crossover components to try different combinations.

There seems to be some problems with the repainting. The points won't be repainted when the driver or edge is moved until I resize the window.

(Edited)

Weird. Seems to work now. A very nice program :)

(Edited again)

It seems like it doesn't work if the window is maximized.

Error upon running with Win 98.

When Paul V was making the BDS, I always suggested he make a "real" program. Now someone has, although it is a small detail that it doesn't run.... Maybe I need a "real" OS ;)

Attachments

• error.gif
    error.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 920
Bricolo said:
Paul V's file can simulate multiple (different) drivers, chamfered and rounded edges

do you plan to add this too?

Well, I have been thinking about multiple drivers, and it is a logical step. Then add the responses of the drivers, add a crossover, box etc, and then we have the complete simulation program... The problem is; I am writing that too... ;) Baffle simulation will be part of it. I don't think that program will be free, though. Possibly a free demo.

Svante said:

Well, I have been thinking about multiple drivers, and it is a logical step. Then add the responses of the drivers, add a crossover, box etc, and then we have the complete simulation program... The problem is; I am writing that too... ;) Baffle simulation will be part of it. I don't think that program will be free, though. Possibly a free demo.

And won't the beta testers recieve a full version? ;-)

Ron E said:
Error upon running with Win 98.

When Paul V was making the BDS, I always suggested he make a "real" program. Now someone has, although it is a small detail that it doesn't run.... Maybe I need a "real" OS ;)

Hmm... I just tried it on a 98 box, worked fine. Do you have any special trick to provoke this or does it come up as soon as you start the program?

I'm off for a dinner now, but I'll read your posts tonight as I get home.

Svante said:

Hmm... I just tried it on a 98 box, worked fine. Do you have any special trick to provoke this or does it come up as soon as you start the program?

It did it upon execution, twice. I tried it again, just for kicks, and was able to get it to run. It is not stable and causes windows fatal exception errors (Blue Screen Of Death) when I try to change the # of point sources. I reduced to 30 and then when I clicked increase - BSOD.

The mousy thing with moving the driver is neato, but I would prefer text boxes - not that the response changes that much when you are off by a few mm.

It is admirably fast when it does work, but I won't be someone's unpaid beta tester for a program that crashes my OS. Thanks anyway.

Win98
Athlon 1200C
256Mb RAM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.