Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

SB Acoustics SB17NAC35-4 measurements!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2018, 08:32 AM   #71
gornir is offline gornir  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieM View Post
Ordered a pair for a project. Thanks for all the data Goran! Really helped me narrow down my choices and save quite a bit of money in the process.
Thank you!

I'm glad my contribution was of use.

Regards

/Göran
Old 17th March 2018, 08:35 PM   #72
ErnieM is online now ErnieM  United States
diyAudio Member

Drivers arrived and sound great. They measure similar to the measurements posted earlier. Construction is pretty clean.

That said I almost burned one up during testing! That's what I get for trying to use it as a prosound mid .

I plan to add as many of these as can fit around the magnet to see if I can saturate the motor.

K&J Magnetics: DCC-N52
Old 6th October 2018, 06:11 PM   #73
Brumel is offline Brumel  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the measurements Göran. They confirm that my box of about 40 liters and slotted port will work. I already built the box before I deside which driver will go into it. I now have to chose between the CRC 17 and Davis 19 KLVT. A carbon driver against a Kevlar driver. SD of the 17 CRC is only 118 cm2 against the Davis’ 141.
The distorsion peak in the high mid seems to be a product of the carbon layer itself. Other carbon drivers like the Davis have a similar character.
Old 6th December 2018, 04:50 PM   #74
ggetzoff is offline ggetzoff  United States
diyAudio Member

Just getting ready to start a 2-way design, with this woofer (4 ohm) and a Hiquphon OW1. I think these will be a very good match at ~2k.
Old 23rd February 2019, 02:26 AM   #75
LineSource is offline LineSource  United States
diyAudio Member

For a design like Troels SBAcoustics 61-NAC which uses a BW3 circuit for the tweeter crossover and an LR4 circuit for the midbass crossover..... how important is the 19mm high physical stepped baffle used by Troels for delay on this build?

Making 1st order Butterworth or 2nd LR crossovers often requires sloped or stepped front panels in order to provide proper frequency and phase integration. Earlier Troels stepped baffle 2-way designs use +LR2 on the midbass and -LR2 on the tweeter, which sum to reduce phase error. A physically stepped baffle seems worth the effort.

SB Acoustics SB17NAC35-4 measurements!Hide this!Advertise here!