direct diaphragm connection to reduce resonance caused by AC current interference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am intrigued by the possible benefit(s) of direct diaphragm connection which is done by some compression driver manufacturers.

In particular, TAD say about the TD-2002 that "As with the TD-4003, we have applied the 'Direct Power Coupling' technology which allows direct connection from the speaker wire to the Beryllium Diaphragm thereby reducing unwanted resonance caused by AC current interference."

Has someone further information and explanations about the nature of these unwanted resonances, how AC current interefers etc. ? Is the issue at stake caused by the 3 inches or so of wire inside the poted driver, which get poluted by electromagnetic fields ?

Or is the described phenomenon a negligible issue, technically speaking ?

Technical explanations mostly welcome.:worship:

I don't know what TAD means by "AC current interference", but it's the electromagnetic fields that make the things work. No EM fields, no sound will come out. My guess is that they are avoiding having the voice coil being on a different object that attaches to the diaphram, which might simplify the structure (fewer masses suspended by compliances)?

Resonances are caused by mixing types of (usually undesired) energy storage mechanisms (like capacitance/inductance or mass/compliance).

I don't know what TAD means by "AC current interference", but it's the electromagnetic fields that make the things work. No EM fields, no sound will come out. My guess is that they are avoiding having the voice coil being on a different object that attaches to the diaphram, which might simplify the structure (fewer masses suspended by compliances)?

Resonances are caused by mixing types of (usually undesired) energy storage mechanisms (like capacitance/inductance or mass/compliance).

It's reassuring to see that there might be something wrong in this technical blurb. Maybe also a translation problem ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.