Generic 2-way crossover with FREEDSP Classic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those who wanted to start the first design of a 2-way crossover on FREEDSP I wanted to help with some information on my implementation. My design includes the following features:
- Double precision design
- Highpass/Lowpass crossover
- Attenuation for the high frequency (tweeter) section
- Equalizer for high and low frequency sections
- Delay for high frequency section
- Volume control via external poti
See description (Generic 2-way crossover.pdf) and the sigma studio file (please rename the Generic 2-way crossover.txt file to *.dspproj).

Also I build a small µC based HW to support the FREEDSP with the following features:
- Switching between two stereo inputs (by button press)
- Switching of outputs by relais in order to minimize/remove switch on/off pop noise
- Power supply check
- Volume control by two buttons and IR remote control (using Denon RC 1032)
You can find in the attachments the schematic "HW schematic.jpg", the description "HW SW description.pdf" and the SW code for MSP430F2012 (please rename "main.txt" to "main.asm")

Enjoy FREEDSP! :wave:

View attachment Generic 2-way crossover.pdf

View attachment Generic 2-way crossover.txt

HW schematic.jpg

View attachment HW SW Description.pdf

View attachment main.txt

Thank you for sharing this! I hope I will be able to bother you with some questions before the end of the year ;) ...my free time is very little and shrinking :(

My project is probably simpler than this, but I still have to figure out the details of some other components (e.g. the digital amplifier I have).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.