Paradigm Atom (original model) update/upgrade?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Purchased when new, eons ago while in the retail biz. So not much investment. Mostly spent time in storage unused.

Currently using with my even more ancient 8wpc Sansui 221 on the desktop, so the lack of power isn't much of an issue here.

I like them, but as others have noted, they ain't the last word in resolution.

I'm not in a hurry to do anything. And I may not ever do anything to them. But I want to explore if any newer components might be justified; both for the 2 drivers and crossover.

I'll play with some bracing too. For those not familiar with these, they have a Vifa tweet and Paradigm's own cast-aluminum framed 5 1/4" woofer.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm not expecting to turn them into KEF LS50's or whatever. But if talking about references here of a similar physical size, I do like the way my Pioneer SP-BS22-LRs smoothly do a lot of stuff well, and better. Even if they don't have the balls these Atoms do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.