B & W Matrix 805 high frequency imbalance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....Does anyone know if the magnet is supposed to be held by a screw or something to keep it centered? The exploded view of the tweeter shows no such thing. .......

Usually the magnet assembly is just glued together. The rear and / or top plate coming unglued and pinning the VC is actually a "somewhat" common thing for rough handled drivers. I've personally seen it more than 5 times but for me it was always "dropped" woofers.

EDIT: Also, I "think" the magnet assemblies are assembled BEFORE the magnets are magnetized. I don't know that they can be glued back together after they have the strong side force pulling it off center.

Last edited:
BTW. I sent Troy a PM but there is a way to mount the tweeters in most of the outboard tweeters by B & W by drilling a hole (in the correct place)in the tweeter base through the cabinet, removing the screw that holds the tweeter in the pod and running a screw through the cabinet directly to the tweeter in the pod and using the threads in the tweeter to hold the pod on tightly. The Matrix 805s took a 4mm bolt/screw and a 35mm length with a small washer fit perfectly. Both of Troy's tweeters seemed to work fine, I used the one without a dent and it seems to balance well with the other side. Need to figure out how to refinish these after filling the dents and corner hashes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.