Thiel cs3.6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys

I have a pair of cs3.6 speakers that I am about to buy from a friend.

However I have noticed a strange symptom that I need to find an answer to before I commit.

what I have experienced is that the crossover points that I found online don't seem to match I'm hearing/feeling.

For example if I put a 40hz tone through them I can feel by touching the midrange that it is also outputting.

Or when I play music I can feel the tweeter resonating along with the bass line.

Also both speakers are doing it as well

Is this normal? The sound is great but it's still odd...

Hi Guys

I have a pair of cs3.6 speakers that I am about to buy from a friend.

However I have noticed a strange symptom that I need to find an answer to before I commit.

what I have experienced is that the crossover points that I found online don't seem to match I'm hearing/feeling.

For example if I put a 40hz tone through them I can feel by touching the midrange that it is also outputting.

Or when I play music I can feel the tweeter resonating along with the bass line.

Also both speakers are doing it as well

Is this normal? The sound is great but it's still odd...

I have cs2.4 and also 3.7.

What you experience is normal. Thiele is using first order crossovers. And tweeter on cs2.4 is moving along bass lines.

Sigh new problem

On particular piano notes running through one midrange driver I get a particular buzz sound, it sounds like sand in the driver in a way

I have tried swapping the signal input to see if it moves to the other speaker and it only follows one speaker.

This one speaker has had a knock which damaged the woofer and that's been repaired.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.