yamaha ax-892 and visaton experience v20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I decided to build myself some stereo listening room and i am new to all this stuff
i already have stereo receiver Yamaha xa-892 so i both a visaton experience v20 kit and ask my Friend carpenter to build the cabinets for me.

My question is. Is it Yamaha receiver strong enough for this speakers or i need something better.

RE: Primož

Hello!

I decided to build myself some stereo listening room and i am new to all this stuff
i already have stereo receiver Yamaha xa-892 so i both a visaton experience v20 kit and ask my Friend carpenter to build the cabinets for me.

My question is. Is it Yamaha receiver strong enough for this speakers or i need something better.

RE: Primož

Like EMOTIVA XPA-2

Yamaha AX 892 has 115 W on 8 ohm load and 140 W on 6 ohm load, with low distortion. But, the big problem is that AX 892 is not specified for 4 ohm load, and Visaton Experience V20 has 4 ohm nominal impedance with 3.5 ohm (or so) between 100 Hz and 200 Hz.
You don't need more powerful amplifier, but amplifier which can handle 4 ohm load - like Emotiva XPA-2.

I got a mail from visaton tehnical servis.

Dear Mr. Grdaldonik,

many thanks for your inquiry.

For us it seems sufficient. In fact the choice of the amp is only depending on the features and the sound volume you’d like to hear. If you plan to fully push your experience v 20 to the limit the amp shall have twice the power of the loudspeaker. In case of the experience v 20 this should be 360 Watr per channel…

So EMOTIVA XPA-2 is perfect for them if you want 100%
But for me yamaha should do it yust fine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.