Waveguide with Audax TW034

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
I have tested this weekend this tweeter with and without Waveguide.

with the waveguide is clearly audible that lost the scene or 3d, the air in the room disappears.

The best is that the response curve form 2khz to 20khz is boosted to 95db but in my opinion don't compensate, this tweeter without is very smooth and the 3d are very good.

someone else has tried it, Troel's project use the waveguide and I understood that it had to be better, :scratch:

I need a tweeter with 95db and in this case the Seas T35 is my target, but this model have a small waveguide I would not like to be in the same position that with the Audax tw34, for me scene or 3d is important as the rest of the parameters.

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/7100-waveguide.htm

"the air in the room" is the sound of early reflections, and waveguides do indeed cut down on this. One of the frustrating things about building waveguide speakers is that they tend to expose when recordings have no soundstage to speak of. Conventional speakers can create fake ambience. Taken to an extreme, you have something like a Bose 901, which intentionally scatters energy across the entire room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.