Mundorf AMT + SS 7" - Desesperation Xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just thought I would share my improvisations. The short story is my crossover parts were delayed, so I was going to spend the long holidays without a tweeter. I decided to improvise so instead of a 2.8kHz crossover I'm making due with what I could scrounge out of my parts bins, 6.8kHz and too much tweeter padding, the result of only having 10 ohm power resistors. Sounds surprisingly good though! In part the result of the excellent response at the high end of the Scanspeak Revelator. Please keep in mind, this is all I could do with the parts I have!

Desesperation_Xover.jpg

Here is the breadboard assembly. Total mismatch of parts. The little white cap in the tweeter section is a Cornel Dubilier 1uF/100V. Pretty compact huh? The inductor in the same section is an 0.6mH, 15 gauge from Jantzen. Sadly I only have the small gauge 0.35mH for the woofer section, below it. It's OK, when the real crossover parts arrive all the coils will get reused properly.
20151127_093216.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.