Low-Cost PMC-inspired TL Monitor with DC130A and DC28F

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The specs look good but it’s 4ohm tweeter. If you want to use the passive XO I developed, you need to use the same (or very similar) driver. Similar in impedance, sensitivity, fs, Vas, and Qts. And even then it won’t be perfect because crossovers are designed for a specific driver in a specific baffle and spacing between the drivers.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sorry I am mixing things up. The RS28F and RST28F are both 4ohms. Probably compatible with the Peerless you mentioned. As long as you use this crossover from this thread:

1655478852461.jpeg

It looks like aluminum cone since the XO diagram says RS180-8.
That’s an awesome driver - I use it in this speaker:
View attachment 1022286
View attachment 1022287
This would not be a bad speaker to make into a TL.
I have done umpteen measurement and still getting humps and dips around 2kh with RS180-8 in PMC clone, how do you get this flat till 3.5KH? I cant go above 2KH

What does your raw woofer measurement look like? The bumps and dips are probably room interactions and floor bounce. That is why it is important to measure at 0.5m and have speaker on a tall stand so floor bounce is not picked up.
This is how it looks like.. I am keeping it on normal speaker stands, What is the ideal height to keep the speakers?

Attachments

• RS180-Woofer.jpg
    RS180-Woofer.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 78
This looks like room reflections and as you changed the distance of the mic it DID NOT change the 800 & 1600 spike which backs that up. Your initial post #208 looks like 800 & 1600 Hz peaks.
Measurement outside with some damping on the floor?

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Jmascreen,
Do you have some more photos of the build of your speakers showing how you did the j get al TL channels etc? The speakers look great. Also, a shot showing the details of the front baffle. Did you recess the driver plate on the tweeter and woofer? Also, are you using the passive XO or doing this actively?
Thanks,
X