Speaker Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My homemade cabinets are exceptionally nice (true furniture quality), but clearly not reminiscent of the day...

Does anybody have the original speaker cabinet plans for the Bozak Concert Grands?

I know there are people on the net who sell these plans, but since the Bozaks are no longer copyrighted and patents have been expired, I was hoping that somebody would be kind enough to offer them for free (via e-mail or link) as a fellow enthusiast.

The measurements of the cabinets are readily available and I know what they are, but the actual building plans would be very helpful.

Frank,
There are plans in the Badmaieff/Davis book which I have, that and some photos of my CGs should be enough to get you down the road. If you examine Rudy's boxes you'll notice that they are pretty close to the "golden mean" 2:3:5 ratios. SO, just build a box that doesn't resonate, make it a big as practical, and make the resonance lengths (eigentones) off-multiple of each other. If you are not tri-amping consider a Zobel network on the upper side of the midrange (B-209B) to tame its impedance irregularities.
And buy some spare woofers on E-bay since you can't recone them and you're a couple of decades late to buy new ones.
Of course if you have two small rooms behind one wall of your listening room.......... :)
Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.