DIY web pages

Homebuilt Hi-fi showcases some of the most outstanding hi-fi projects being built by dedicated enthusiasts from all over the world. Sadly, we will never be able to fully appreciate how good these components actually sound via a website.

It is for this reason that the focus is on attributes we can fully appreciate using this medium — aesthetics and design.

Homebuilt Hi-fi

My web site is primarily dedicated to Diy horns with the focus on my paper horn. I cover a wide range of horn designs and fabricated many of the projects I displayed. I love to chat, so feel free to send me an email.

John Inlow

inlowsound.com

Email? SCREW THAT!

I need a few hours on the phone to figure out ONLY how to build that horn jig. Fantastic work John. The rest of the projects are fascinating also. I have the AN 8's and was wondering if your TL for the 10's could be modified? Also, I have mine in a "Ambiance" config with the extra speaker in the rear of the cab. Would there be any advantages to adding a second in your cab design?

Cheers

Spiro

Email? SCREW THAT!

I need a few hours on the phone to figure out ONLY how to build that horn jig. Fantastic work John. The rest of the projects are fascinating also. I have the AN 8's and was wondering if your TL for the 10's could be modified? Also, I have mine in a "Ambiance" config with the extra speaker in the rear of the cab. Would there be any advantages to adding a second in your cab design?

Cheers

Spiro

Thanks for the comments, Spiro. I haven't checked out the T/S parameters on the AN 8, but if they match those of the AN Cast 10 then you're in business. I was extremely impressed with the sonic qualities of the AN Cast 10 in that TL and think you will be too.

I'll be more than happy to assist you with your horn mold.

12" Coaxial project, further mods

I've updated my blog with further improvements to this project, namely removing the dust cap from the coaxial and adding treatment to the horn throat exit. I'll post some FR measurements tonight. Also, I've mounted the driver to some 1/2" fibrous rope to decouple from the enclosure.

Joseph Crowe's DIY Speaker Building Blog