DIY web pages

Cheers !

The Highballs [spherical ones on chrome stands] are excellent little speakers and do kick out a lot of bass for their size. All in all a successful exercise in lifestyle speakers, thogh maybe a bit bright for many tastes with newer AV amps [my older Arcam AV50 partners them very well though].

The Londballs [tall ones in Zebrano and Wenge] sound superb. Very good extension, in fact surprising as you forget it's all coming from the back of one tiny 4" driver. Vocals sound very natural and since stuffing about 50% of the line, there seems to be no upper zing that the Jordan metal drivers can sometimes tend to have.

I really do love these speakers and never tire of looking at them.

I want to push my endeavours further and start on some electronic kit, well not me personally but my colleage who is an electronic engineer [I just do the aesthetics]

I have in mind a 5 way amp with built in high quality phono stage. Following that a matching DVD player using a second hand unit as a basis.

ELSINORE LOUDSPEAKER PROJECT

www.customanalogue.com/elsinore/elsinore_index.htm

Els_Mk3-4.jpg

FOCUSSED DRIVER ARRAY ABLE TO PRODUCE SQUARE WAVES AT THE LISTENING POSITION:

Sq_700Hz_2M_15-OFF-4_750W.gif

IMPERVIOUS TO HIGH OUTPUT IMPEDANCE AMPLIFIERS - ZERO TO 3 OHM:

Conjugate_filter_hi_z.gif

MINIMUM PHASE - TRANSIENT PERFECT - CROSSOVER:

crossover_sept_07.gif

MINIMUM PHASE:

Min_Phase-2.gif

ACTUAL PHASE (above 200Hz):

Clio_Min_Phase_2M_15_OFF-2.gif

"RENEGADE TWEETER THEORY":

elsino12.gif

Three and a half years in the making - now in their mature Mark 3 guise. The basic idea was to design a loudspeaker with Ultra-Low Dynamic Compression. This means cool running voice coils, benign load on amplifiers, even modest amplifiers capable of awesome dynamics. Flat in room response down to 25 Hertz - no real need for SubWoofers.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * VERY POWERFUL SOUND * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1M_15_OFF_Family.gif

Brisso57 said:

Hey, I like the chromed half-pipe sides. I am planning a project that will be similar in concept. See www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127911

I plan to roll the cabinets in a nice wood veneer. Perhaps "tiger myrtle" if I can afford it.

Can you give me a link to the builder of those speakers?

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug,

I built the loudspeakers in question, but only one prototype piece was made and eventually it went to trash can. Actually I was more interested in effect it would have on box diffraction and frequency response. As it turns out, this is much better than with the ordinary square boxes. Perhaps you should also consider the type of enclosure I included in the attachment.

regards
Miro

Sorry, it seems it was too big file, you can download it from

here

http://loudspeakers.we.bs/