Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

World's Best Tweeters Face-off :: Subjective comparison
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2015, 04:17 PM   #11
WTS is offline WTS  Canada
diyAudio Member

I would like something with more detail and air. Some say the best domes like the BE can give that but I've never heard them so I can't say. Others say that the BE domes ring too much. Have you tried the Accuton ceramics?

The only ribbons I've heard are the Ravens 3.2, which I hear usually once a week as a friend uses them and the Raven 2.

The 70-20XR are being used in a few top-end speakers and seem to get good reviews.

Which SS domes did you compare?
Old 17th September 2015, 04:27 PM   #12
JonBocani is offline JonBocani  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
I would like something with more detail and air. Some say the best domes like the BE can give that but I've never heard them so I can't say. Others say that the BE domes ring too much. Have you tried the Accuton ceramics?

The only ribbons I've heard are the Ravens 3.2, which I hear usually once a week as a friend uses them and the Raven 2.

The 70-20XR are being used in a few top-end speakers and seem to get good reviews.

Which SS domes did you compare?
Never heard Ravens or Accuton, no.

Back in the days i listened to many dome tweeters Solen had in stock. But mostly the cheaper ones, such as Vifa, Audax, etc...

The real breathrough was, for me, the Air motion/Ribbon technology. I couldnt go back to dome unless i'd be forced to. But i'm not saying domes are bad, just not to my taste anymore.
Old 17th September 2015, 04:37 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Has anyone heard the Accutons and have any comments on how they compare?

I'm with you on this one. I was so used to domes that when I heard the Ravens I was sold. Unfortunately I still have the domes but it's maybe time to move on/up...
Old 17th September 2015, 05:24 PM   #14
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Really should include a Heil ESS AMT in there.
Old 17th September 2015, 05:34 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Are those even available still?

How about the Fountek ribbons, I read the guy from Selah speakers saying they were very good at one point, not to mention they are 1/4 the price of the Raals. I think the Selahs use the Raals at the moment though.
Old 17th September 2015, 05:36 PM   #16
Jonasz is offline Jonasz  Sweden
diyAudio Member

The Transducer Lab ceramic domes are supposed to be really good too.

http://solen.ca/products/speakers/ho...ters/n26cr2-a/

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 17th September 2015, 05:42 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Yes I just noticed those the other day but know nothing about them. I think I saw some OEM using them but I don't recall 100%. The price is very good. I think these are made in the USA.

Anyone ever try these.

If they're available from Solen maybe Jon can get a couple to try out.
Old 17th September 2015, 06:09 PM   #18
Jonasz is offline Jonasz  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
Yes I just noticed those the other day but know nothing about them. I think I saw some OEM using them but I don't recall 100%. The price is very good. I think these are made in the USA.

Anyone ever try these.

If they're available from Solen maybe Jon can get a couple to try out.
According to Vapor Audio it's the dome coming closest to the Raals soundquality wise.
Old 17th September 2015, 06:10 PM   #19
Face is offline Face  United States
diyAudio Member

RAAL 140 and OEM have a phenomenal upper treble compared to Beyma's horn ribbon. Where Beyma excels are lower treble and dynamics.
Old 17th September 2015, 06:34 PM   #20
JonBocani is offline JonBocani  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
RAAL 140 and OEM have a phenomenal upper treble compared to Beyma's horn ribbon. Where Beyma excels are lower treble and dynamics.
that's what i heard.

not sure if i want to spend the money to find out, though.

World's Best Tweeters Face-off :: Subjective comparisonHide this!Advertise here!