Your next compression driver?

From talking with my bms dealer it can play lower same vc and diaphragm size
He said something about the exit clearance and how it allows to go lower.

I have the 4552nd and it drops like a rock at 900hz probably at least 48db slope naturally
If I was to guess. We’ll see how this one plays.

The 2408h plays to 1k but only sounds good no lower than 1.4k with a 4th order slope.
So I’m guessing it’s basically a 4552 with more space to have excursion and a tiny tiny bit longer coil or set at a different height. (That’s a guess I don’t know the mechanics of a CD
Just going from woofer knowledge.

Anyway he said there excellent and should see them in a month

the Tymphany DFM-2535R00-08 has Kapton surround, the diaphragm is pure Ti foil with a thin coating of damping applied
the horn used in the spec sheets is a tractrix around 170mm deep, 180 high and 220 wide,
it's not mentioned in the spec as its not an available product.
Plane wave tube measurements are available, here is an independent test done with a different horn and PWT.
Peerless by Tymphany DFM-2535R00-08 Compression Driver | audioXpress
and yes the bug screen has no specific acoustic purpose, it's just for keeping dust / dirt / washers getting pulled into the motor.

Peerless has both a 1.4" and a 1.75" dome diameter CD with a 1" exit. I have noticed the 1.75" dome is favored on the SEOS-15 waveguide(large). Can anyone confirm that the exit angle is 14-degrees?

DFM-2544R00-08
1.75" diameter dome
Half Space Sensitivity db@2.83V/1M dB 103.64

DFM-2535R00-08
1.4 inch diaphragm dome
Half Space Sensitivity db@2.83V/1M dB 107.7

There is no discussion on this thead about purchasing coaxial compression drivers. Is it just the cost? Is the sound quality poor? The minimun cost seems to be $400 for the 2" + 1" BMS 4590. Are there any "made in China" low cost klones? China already manufactures replacement annular diaphragms for BMS compression drivers.

There is no discussion on this thead about purchasing coaxial compression drivers. Is it just the cost? Is the sound quality poor? The minimun cost seems to be $400 for the 2" + 1" BMS 4590. Are there any "made in China" low cost klones? China already manufactures replacement annular diaphragms for BMS compression drivers.

I've had an interest in the JBL 4367 for a good while now, as it's a more simple and friendly plug and play version of the M2 (both way out of my price range) It would be a neat project at least for me to try and make a version of the 4367 using a coaxial compression driver. Seems like it can be done and quite well as with the JBL's . Interesting that there are not many diy projects using them.

I didn't see it anywhere on the web so, dfm2535:

IMG_20210624_211206.jpg

You can't get a recone for this one, can you. If it breaks, buy a new transducer.

Last edited: