Driver Excessive Vibration - Can it be the enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe you guys can help me decipher what the problem is...I made an 0.25cf (7 lts) enclosure with a 1" x 2" front port, as indicated by DIY Audio & Video - FAQs, Tutorials, and Calculators for Speaker Boxes, Crossovers, Filters, Wiring and more enclosure calculator, I double checked using MH enclosure calculator, and the results were the same, for a HiVi M5N. When playing at full range, the driver sounds exceptionally well. But, when I use an active crossover to cut at around 650 Hz there is an unwanted cone vibration, I guess "over-excitement" of the driver.

It is a 2 Way design, and you hardly notice it when that driver by itself is in full range mode, or when it is crossed over with the secondary driver (MarkAudio CHR-70.3). If I mute the MarkAudio, and play the HiVi by itself, from the low end to around 750 Hz the cone vibration becomes obvious, especially between 350 Hz to 750 Hz, below this range is hardly noticeable and above it is unnoticeable.

The enclosure is made of 1/2" Thk. MDF, joints are butt joint with quality wood glue, and all the seams were sealed from the inside. There is no damping nor poly-fill on the inside.

What you guys think might be causing the HiVi M5N to vibrate?

F3: 58 Hz (57.76)
Fb: 54 Hz (54.35)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.