DTQWTII from Argentina

Thank you for the link!

In fact I listened to the huge old panel (see attachment).
Impressive! Lees coloration than you expect for such old system, but low freq extension not achive "subwoofer response". The low freq. response remembers the TQWT, but with a litle better bass extension and better "body experience" (huge woofers make this, like you said...) ;) Really a enlightening experience!

Is funny that in Brazil almost all HiFi/HiEnd people hates/disdain Selenium; is like a PA or poor man choice (sometimes these people are right, but depends on model). Although the Snake brand makes better "specs" speakers.

A friend of mine, Mauricio, assembled in 1990's a very huge horn made in concrete! 7m long and a large window-sized mouth, for a true 20Hz response. Uses 2 12" Selenium drivers, and Backstage magazine made a "rewiew" of it, with Selenium people. But I need to find the photos... is in my house (I'm in work just now) {see my avatar}
The bass sound makes even the MBL/Avantgarde (put your favorite brand name here:p) system or all PA systems I've listened to appears distorted and muddy! :D:D:D
My dream thing to built when I have space in future...

Attachments

• 20170519_161506.jpg
    20170519_161506.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
A friend of mine, Mauricio, assembled in 1990's a very huge horn made in concrete! 7m long and a large window-sized mouth, for a true 20Hz response. Uses 2 12" Selenium drivers, and Backstage magazine made a "rewiew" of it, with Selenium people. But I need to find the photos...

If you find them it would be good to see them! Someone did the same around here! If someone wants to tackle the construction, it is good to know that a margin of error of 30 cm ( a foot ) will not audibly alter the final result ! :D:eek:

Hopefully you can fulfill your dream! :)

Attachments

• post-144598-0-00253200-1438222893_thumb.png
    post-144598-0-00253200-1438222893_thumb.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Talk about a hard core DIY :eek::)

Fantastic horn ! :eek:

Thanks for the search! ;)

Your friend does not have WAF problems ....:D

I see a Karlson cabinet over there, that brings back memories of my first large cabinet, it three way , 12-inch RE and with a PP valve with 6BQ5 valves ...

Then I sold everything and built cabinets of 3 ways and SS amplifier ...... it was supposed to update to something modern ..... big mistake.....:sad: