Midrange used in Quested Monitoring?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everybody,

I wonder if anybody knows what softdome midrange is used in Quested Monitoring( www.quested.com ) speakers. I see 2 kinds of 3" soft dome midrange, and sure that one is from Vifa. But not sure about the other used in more expensive systems. It looks like ATC SM75-150, but the texture of the dome looks a little bit different, and the waveguide looks straight, different from the curved waveguide in current ATC SM75-150. It was interesting that they were using Volt drivers very thoroughly, but no idea about big yellow dome... Can anybody share info. if any?

Hmm, pretty sure that the one in the active systems looks like an ATC 3", possibly the SM 75-150s version (450W amp power into this baby?). You are right, the mid in the Passives looks like a VIFA. Hmm, $550 difference just in the midrange. I guess it is justified considering the price. But, I could be wrong.
:D

Konnichiwa,

jheoaustin said:
But not sure about the other used in more expensive systems. It looks like ATC SM75-150, but the texture of the dome looks a little bit different, and the waveguide looks straight, different from the curved waveguide in current ATC SM75-150.

The way i was told this Quested originally used ATC but got chessed off about a few things so they had an improved copy made (probably made in the far east, but maybe Vifia - who knows), so this unit is strictly OEM.

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.