Are Satori's worth the extra money?

Sorry, this was directed at Gracol but I just realize this thread is quite old and the problem probably long solved.
I only heard a Satori driver very briefly and unfortunately can´t give you my opinion.
The designer linked above uses Eton, SB and Satori drivers for his best designs and having listened to some of his speakers I´d trust his opinion on SB drivers.

They don't have the driver that i need, plus they don't offer shipping to my country (Indonesia)

The factory that makes those drivers is based in Indonesia (altough most of the designs come from Denmark) and called Sinar Baja Electric in Surabaya. I would be surprised if they don't have a local distributor, or at least one in the region. A quick search gave me this: Distributor | SB Acoustics I gues buying local will be cheaper.

Hwely audio sells the MW13P at Rp.5.250.000 = $360 USD a pair, meniscus sells the same drivers at $284 USD a pair

if you buy overseas, have you considered shippment cost (let say $30) and customs fee for 35% of driver price+shipment

($284+$30)*1.35 = $423

do the math

Hwely is main distributor, where he already put the price the same as other re-seller around country, you need to think for re-seller margin.

if you buy in large quatity >10pcs then you can negotiate same price with Madisound. he will give you distributor price, buying 10pcs is like you become a re-seller

Last edited:
There is kit from CCS using the 8 ohm of the little Satori.
SHOP | css-audio
For the start to learn how to design x-overs I would go with the 15MFC over the paper. Inexpensive and polypropylen cone is often more forgiving than paper or metal cone. The metal cone usually has a breaks up that need special treatment to make them sound best (and lower crossover point). Just a suggestion.