Noobie first build/learning experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I am new to DIY speaker builds, and just wanted to run my idea by people that have more experience than I. I am trying to keep this speaker build to around $100.

I have a Pioneer VSX-522 and am currently using it for a 5.1 home theater setup.
VSX-522 Pioneer - -

The speakers I have now are from a Sony setup
Sony Dav Sa sc8 - Dvd Music System code free Pal Ntsc 110-220 volts dream system

The setup so far, I am pretty happy with, but I have wanted to build my own speakers for a while.I figure since I use this for 5.1 movies most, I'll build a center channel first.

So here is what I am planning so far.
2x Dayton Audio ND105-4 4" Aluminum Cone Midbass Driver 4 Ohm
1x Dayton Audio DC28F-8 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter
1x Dayton Audio XO2W-3K 2-Way Speaker Crossover 3,000 Hz

My receiver can set the xover through settings down to 50hz, but i have it at 80hz now. The sub is plenty powerful for now, until i can build one myself.

I have not planned out the enclosure yet, but just wanted to make sure I have the right understanding of the hardware and their compatibility with each other.

Please let me know if you guys have any recommendations regarding the speaker/xover choices. Thanks

-Aaron

Off the shelf crossovers never work correctly. They assume drivers have perfect impedance curves, this is never the case. If you want to get your feet wet you should build a design that has been tested/verified to work correctly and do a ton of reading on designing speakers in the meantime.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.