SynTripP: 2-way 2-part Virtual Single Point Source Horn

Is there anyone that could/would be willing to make a CNC file? I really want to make some of these, and this would be the best way for me , and others to get the best results.I do not have a place to cut the pieces, but I can get them cut locally via CNC.

Last edited:
A CAD file would even work... I would like to get started ASAP on these for our home theater. I was going to use the 2384s, but the shipping costs plus duty were very high. I think I can build the complete speaker for less than buying, and shipping the 2384 alone.

Last edited:
Yes, but I had to sell my saws when we moved, and I want to be able to give the carpenter the best measurements and directions possible. I have seen their work on furniture, but I do not know how goid they will be trying to figure out the angle of cuts. I hate to give a job to a carpenter, and have the cuts be iff because they missunderstood the directions. I know..that is my problem on who I pick, but the best ones I can go to do CNC.

I am willing to pay for for the plans (if I can afford it)so everyone on here can use them if you will allow it.

Last edited:
Yes, but I had to sell my saws when we moved, and I want to be able to give the carpenter the best measurements and directions possible. I have seen their work on furniture, but I do not know how goid they will be trying to figure out the angle of cuts. I hate to give a job to a carpenter, and have the cuts be iff because they missunderstood the directions. I know..that is my problem on who I pick, but the best ones I can go to do CNC.

I am willing to pay for for the plans (if I can afford it)so everyone on here can use them if you will allow it.

I have been a cabinetmaker for many many years.

The best ones will make what you ask for. And do it exactly.
If you want to perform a test of the shops skill level may I suggest this simple sounding test.

Ask for a pyramid. You specify the base dimensions and the height dimension. Ask for the joinery to be as good on the interior of this hollow pyramid as they make it on the exterior.

I once worked for the national museum in Ottawa Canada doing architectural reproduction work. Period doors and window, as well as fine furnishings. The test I described was their entrance into the shop test. It is a true test of the craftsmanship of the people doing the work.

P.S.

No CNC was allowed in that shop. It was calculate cut and measure.

Post #41 contains the plans used to build the SynTripP, and a preliminary parts lists. Post #61 has the completed parts lists and assembly instructions, Post #100 has photos of the bass reflex port details, Post #115 has the throat port detail. Posts #128,138, & 568 have injection port and cone filler details.

I advise anyone building to loft their own full size plans to make accurate parts comparisons easy, and to account for any slight material thickness differences encountered.

Art

Thanks Art,

I'll mostly be playing sound for recorded music, Psytrance, Techno, DnB so some haystacking on the subs won't be unwanted.

I'll be aiming for the 5" taller keystones too for abit lower extension, probably with a HD215 style kickbin above the keystones, all my events are outdoors with chances of random rain coming through the duration of the event, which is why I prefer to go horn loaded and angled down slightly over linearray for weather protection, the keystones with the extenders+mesh and acoustically transparent screen over the mouth sold me for performance to pack size ratio while being weather resistant. the size and performance of the SynTripP's is also why im leaning towards them as I dont have unlimited pack room.

Kai.

Dude im in Melbourne. You could have a play with mine sometime. I have four. Horse Bizzar also has a pair from my build plus two keystones. So you can hear them in action.

I'd love to build a set of SynTripP's but it seems the compression driver, the Celestion CDX14-3050, has gone out of production and is no longer available from US suppliers. Is there a blessed substitute? Anyone working on a substitute? Thanks.

rus

So long as you select one that can handle 500hz and up, it will work.

I think each one will have its own coloration, so you just pick one and work with it.

Our future plan is to fit the BMS Coaxial drivers. If you can afford it, do it. (with a back door modification to fit it plus the passive xo)

Thanks to all.

I've made a pair of the syntripps.
Time problems lead to a first run at street carnival without paint and handles.

They sound fantastic even with the quick and dirty DSP setup i've made at the evening/ nigth before.
When the temperatures will rise, paint and a proper setup will be added.
I've used the 18 sound HD1480T HF Compression driver.

Corssed with 24db/okt:
120hz to 800Hz mids, for hights 920 Hz to 22kHz -6 dB
delays equal to mouth driver distances

amp/DSP: Powersoft LQ2804 / behringer DCX2496 Pro
Subs: 18' diy 2.7 m long folded bass horns low cut at 38Hz high cut 100hz

Even at very high volumes very pleasant sound.

Will check higher XO Fq for the subs/Syntripps to get a little more punch.

Christian

I have been a cabinetmaker for many many years.

The best ones will make what you ask for. And do it exactly.
If you want to perform a test of the shops skill level may I suggest this simple sounding test.

Ask for a pyramid. You specify the base dimensions and the height dimension. Ask for the joinery to be as good on the interior of this hollow pyramid as they make it on the exterior.

I once worked for the national museum in Ottawa Canada doing architectural reproduction work. Period doors and window, as well as fine furnishings. The test I described was their entrance into the shop test. It is a true test of the craftsmanship of the people doing the work.

P.S.

No CNC was allowed in that shop. It was calculate cut and measure.

I can't even cut a cube :eek:

It's why I 3D print so much.